Managing the access of light and solar energy has a significant impact on the energy requirements of your property. This is why exterior louvres like aluminium shade screens are one of the ideal choices since these are exceedingly effective. Here are some of its benefits:
- Choosing proper solar shading provides an outstanding effect not only on the building’s energy consumption, but also on the visual and thermal comfort of your employees. Today, the prerequisite to managing thermal and overheating comfort is becoming gradually essential for every building, whether it is commercial or residential.
- Solar shading is also effective in combating overheating, as it can lower the temperature swings that happen on sunny days.
- Some can even measure the volume of solar radiation that goes through the building’s interior with the use of a solar transmittance value.
- You will have to choose the proper solar control. Determine the degree to which these exterior louvres block incoming sunlight because this could increase the usage of artificial lighting, leading to more energy use.
- You would still want your employees to enjoy the view outside, which is why you can also integrate retractable louvres as they can control it themselves.
- External louvres are also useful on roof lights because they help lower the noise caused by rainfall and hail stones. These are specially fitted to retrofit areas as long as the installation does not disrupt your business’ daily operations.
- You can make use of these louvres not only to lower cooling demand, but also to lower heat loss. Train your team to properly manage this system, so that the louvres can easily adapt to fluctuating weather conditions.
As a business owner who vows to take care of your employees, you want to make sure that you protect them from external elements. With the benefits listed above, you will surely be able to prioritise your employees’ needs.